Thursday, July 21, 2005

Water babies

I went swimming this afternoon at Kramer's house and it was absolutely wonderful! I could feel the baby moving around inside...I wonder if he misses the days when he had room to do somersaults and flips!!! They had this raft that was mesh in the middle and so i could lay on my back without losing my breath...and i could even sort of lay on my stomach!!!! You don't always think about how much extra weight you are carrying around until you try to heave an enormous belly up the ladder and out of the water. Then you remember.

We are at 37 weeks and counting! The baby's room is almost all the way ready (that's a big accomplishment for Lars and I to be ready early). We have the cradle that my dad made ready for use.(i'll put a picture of that on here as soon as i get one) Now we just need to stock the freezer and cabinets a little and we're as ready as we i imagine Lars and i will be for this adventure of parenting. I am giving birth at Expectations Birthing Center


We are planning on having a water birth..you can see a picture of the tub/ whirlpool under the photo tour section of the website. I was told that there are jets in the tub that you can move to position on your back where it is most comfortable. After devouring a book on water birth, I have felt more comfortable and more prepared. There is no way that we'll have even a fraction of an idea of what it is really like until we are there...but it doesn't hurt to try in the mean time. The author of the book has had natural childbirth with all five of her children and she has done it all in water! It was a quick and informative read!

No comments: