Monday, February 08, 2010

Please, walk with me!


Can you do this with me daddy? I get that question a lot and it is such a sweet sound for a dad. mom, can you please, go have fun with your friends, we want boy night. This evening I got to hang out with the boys alone and Maria went to book club. She might be talking about a book she has already read or one that she will read. The boys and I are happy that she is happy with the books for the evening. We can wrestle, eat unhealthy snacks and just spend some good boy time together. A lot of times Luca climbs up on the chair with me when I am drawing some weird piece of furniture on the computer. He wants to help me draw and decide what color we should make it. Sometimes I let him go wild and we will end up with an orange chair with a green frog on top of it. Other times I try to guide him a bit so I will get the result that I am looking for. Luca wants to understand what daddy is trying to draw, but he can't see my minds eye,but he will try to figure it out. I feel that way with God, I just want to climb up there with him and see what he is doing. I want to do what he is doing. What is it that God likes to do and how can I be a part of that? I really don't need Luca's help when I am drawing stuff, but he wants to be there. Does God feel that way about me trying to figure this life out. I don't want to assume that God is doing a certain thing, I would just like to hang out with him in the shop and see what he is building. He knows that I am prone to get my fingers cut less he guides the building project.

No comments: