Sunday, September 14, 2008

Apple pickin', part 1

I love living in the mid-west and I especially love it in the Fall. I didn't know how much I enjoyed this season until Lars and I spent August- November one year with his family in Denmark. Danish summer is fabulous, even spectacular.
Its sunny and warm, everything is in bloom everywhere you go.

The beach is inviting, the nights were a bit cool and very comfortable.

Then fall came...this Indiana girl was gearing up for cider and sweatshirts, pumpkins, mums, corny festivals (pun intended), and over flowing farmers markets. What did I get instead? Rain...with a steady, biting dose of wind. I think that I may have been wearing my wool coat in early October!

All that being said, I love fall in the mid-west and for now I am living here so I am going to enjoy every crisp moment I can! (and believe me...there will be pictures to prove it!)

No comments: